Saturday, December 29, 2012

Introduction

I started thinking about this blog and how to introduce myself. I am a wife and mom of 3. I survived having twins although the jury is still out on that one- they are three and I feel that there are still many trials to come.  I'm not a writer (so don't judge me). I am a Hokie (a Virginia Tech alumnus). I believe life is in the details and joy comes from those details.


When I was planning my wedding 10 years ago, someone told me that Oprah had done a show on weddings. She asked people to think about the last wedding they had gone to and what they had remembered. Most people remembered certain things, like the cake, the dress, the flowers, etc. They didn't remember the food, the DJ (unless it was really bad) or the invitations.

I had a different thought- people remembered the things that stood as different, unique and spectacular. It is the details that matter. Do you remember that last drink you had at a wedding? No? Well, you might have remembered it, if the ice cubes had violets frozen into the ice cubes, or were displayed in antique punch bowls for self-service. Get it? 

So this blog is for me to post my details, my spectacular moments, and to share the ones I have found from you, so that we all can have more memorable details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment